Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A school week...

Okay, Well for the heck of it why don't we start with a normal Sunday night....

I normally finish my homework on Friday but things get put off... Blah blah blah.. So I finish the remaining bits of homework. While doing my homework, I tend to quadruple task.... Sounds silly but I have a true talent. I watch "Gossip Girl", facebook, ichat, and do homework all at the same time. I know what your thinking, "She couldn't possibly focus on her homework if she is quadruple tasking." Well, I can. I normally do really well on homework... In fact if I don't do other things while doing homework, I can't focus. It's the similar situation I have where I can't sleep unless I have either a friend over, music playing, or the TV on with something familiar on for example "Family Guy" or a movie I've seen more than five times. I have no idea why this is. I think I may be afraid of silence or the dark, I don't have a clue.

Woah, got off topic a bit right there. Well, I finally get to bed around 10:30ish.. or the latest at 11:30pm... I always set my alarm for 6:00 a.m.. This is new, I used to wake up at 5:30 a.m but, I could not handle it. So, instead of taking showers in the morning, I take them at night. This is also nice because I hate my bed being gross and dirty. It drives me crazy if there are any crumbs in my bed. Also, I have discovered that it is so much easier to do my make-up on the subway on my way to school. I also pick out my outfit the night before. So basically it takes me about thirty minutes to get ready in the morning. I leave the house at 6:40 a.m so I can make the "6:50" train. The subway takes about 26 minutes. Give or take a few minutes. However, the bus is not usually there in time. So, I get up to the campus around 7:30 a.m. Here comes the most hated part of my trip to school. After being stuffed into an elevator, we all walk up the hill up to the campus. It takes me at the most 10 minutes. (Thats walking fast) By the time I get to my locker to empty out my 20 pound back pack, I'm sweating.

Normal Mondays and Wednesdays consist of Periods one, two, and three, which this year is Honors English 10, Geometry, and Spanish II. The classes on a normal Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are an hour and twenty- five minutes long. After Spanish II is over, I have a lunch break that goes from 12:35 p.m- 1:30 p.m. I usually get dressed in my "blacks" At 1:15, so I have time to stretch or prepare for my arts class. Mondays and Wednesdays I have Acting II and Theatre History. My arts classes are each an hour and ten minutes long, with a ten minute break in between them. By the end of the day I'm pretty exhausted... But, I can't let it get to me, because I have to do my commute backwards. I usually get home at about 5:40 p.m... I take a quick nap, eat dinner, take a shower, finish my homework, and get my but in bed.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are funny, because I have my easier academic classes but more tiring arts classes. My commute is the same as Mondays and Wednesdays but these days my classes are Physical Education II, World History, and Biology. Biology is my favorite academic class. I LOVE science so much. I understand it.

Lunch always goes by too fast. I have Voice and Speech II and Movement II these days. Voice and speech II is really fun. My class have different opinions on it, but I enjoy learning Phonetics, it really helps me understand sounds. Well, after I'm done relearning how to speak correctly, I get to walk across campus to the PE building to my Movement II class. This class is extremely challenging. We start the class by standing straight (which is harder than it seems) and breathing correctly. Then we roll down, stretch and go into plank, where we do slow motion push ups, then hold plank again, and lastly hover. Oh, It not over yet, then we roll over, do a few sets of crunches, and then we do an exercise called "The Bird". This is where your shoulders and legs come up and stay up for about twenty seconds. The first set is not hard, but by the third it gets so painful. Then we roll over do our plank routine yet again. We roll back up and correctly stand and breathe again, completely focused. Of course the class is not nearly over and I'm sweating like a pig. Here comes my favorite. We do suicides (where you run to a distance, then run back to your starting point, then double the distance, run back to the starting point, triple the distance, run back to the starting point, quadruple the distance, then finally sprint to the starting point) Oh, thats not even the worst part, we then need to stand correctly and recite our Shakespeare monologues with out loosing focus. IT IS VERY CHALLENGING. Of course we need to be loud and clear, while panting. We do this about three times. I've gotten extra credit almost everyday! You earn extra credit by being loud and clear, standing straight, keeping focus, and not forgetting your text. Sound like so much fun right?


Well Fridays are my favorite school days. I start my first period at 10:00 a.m. We have all six periods for thirty minutes. Only thing I don't like is we don't have a break. I normally have to pee so bad by the time 1:20 p.m comes around. After lunch is over, around 2:00 p.m I get ready for my favorite arts class. APT (advanced physical movement). This class is amazing. We have already started our third assignment! I've only had the class twice! Its a great class. Everyone is so focused. It's meant to be a Junior class. But hey, I love challenges.


Fridays are great because I get to hang out with friends or just get home and know I get to sleep in the next morning. :)


So there it is.. My school schedule... What did you think? Tell me in a comment. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, very busy. I am a witness to you coming home and colapsing after school. I know how tiring you classes are! I think you are doing a fabulous job at school and I am very proud of you.

    Love You Lots,
    Gandma
    AKA - AngelBaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted just reading about your school schedule!!! You seem to handle it very well and it is such an exciting time in your life. I love that you get lots of opportunitis for ART! BTW - you are a very good writer (Just remember that if you ever tire of music, singing, dancing, etc.)
    Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! Sounds completely exhausting. Ah, to have that kind of energy...

    :-/

    ReplyDelete