Friday, October 9, 2009

They call me Ms. Gimp...

Hello! I know, I know, I haven't been keeping my promise about posting. I've been so busy. And injured..

So about a week ago I tore my MCL ligament in my knee. It hurts so bad... (I am going to the doctor to get a cast sometime this week) I am hyperextended and I was running up the hill to get up to my school when, my knee locked and I felt a sharp pain in the side of my right knee. I was in so much pain and my knee swelled up so much that it looked like my knee was two times bigger than my left knee. I went to my school medical center and they told me to rest it for two weeks and if it doesn't start to feel better then to come back so they can send me to the hospital to get a cast.

Well of course my injury wasn't going to stop me from waddling around. So, last weekend was my friends birthday weekend. We went down to Ventura beach and stayed at a beautiful beach house. It was so peaceful and sooo much fun! Except I got home and was in soooo much more pain. I ended up reinjuring it. Now its swollen as much as it was when I first injured it.

Well, I had to still take the train to school and walk up the hill in the rain... But thats not even the bad part. The elevator and escalator at the subway stop was broken.. So I had to walk up all the stairs to get to the bus stop and I only had two minutes to get up five flights. My friends helped out but it still felt so horrible. Finally, I got to get on the bus. I thought I had gotten through the hard part. Well, I was wrong. I get to the bus stop where I go to school and the elevator is broken. This is ten times worse then the one at the metro station. This stair case has over ten flights of stairs. Yea, believe me, that was when I had thought that I was the most unlucky person in the world.

So after then walking up the hill in pouring rain, I had to deal with people telling me I was faking my injuring at school. Sometimes I wish people were more mature. I ended up in tears the whole day because of the pain and embarrassment at school.

This went on for the whole week. The elevators stayed broken and the kids at school still remained calling me "cripple" or telling me and everyone else that I was "faking".

Well, my luck hadn't changed but I didn't let it stop me from having a good time with my REAL friends. Thursday night I spent the night at my friend Marissa's house. My friend Dominica went too. They are both such beautiful dancers. They are also so sweet.

The commute was so much easier. We got on a train at school and traveled for an hour and fifteen minutes. I didn't have to walk far at all! YAY! When I got to her house we got ready for a little show at her old school. It was so much fun and I got to wear Marissa's clothes. She has the most amazing closet! Ahhh!

Friday started as such a good day. One because it was my best friends 16th birthday! She got a car! YAY! I am so happy for her and I love her sooo much! Two because I didn't have to walk much at all. The third reason it was a good day was because my academic classes were so much fun. All of my teachers were in good moods.

Well, of course my dad didn't stay perfect (although that would be magical). Third period came along and my day had changed. I was so fed up with all the comments from people. As soon lunch came around I was so upset. My amazing friend Dominica saw that I was upset and talked to me and I told her what people had been saying to me and I started to cry. She helped me out so much and tried to cheer me up. Which she did, until the person who had said the comment came up to me and started screaming in my face and called me more names and said nasty things to me that I don't ever want to repeat. I started balling again even harder. My friends comforted me and made me feel much better. I still was very upset. I went to my arts class and tried to tell myself that that person was wrong and that I was none of the things they had said I was.

Thank goodness it was the end of the school day. I had never wanted to leave school that much before. My friends took me home and I just went straight to bed. My mom had told me I wasn't allowed out of my bed the whole weekend so I could finally start feeling better. Which is a good move because she as well as I don't want me to have to get a cast. Which I still have a feeling that I'm going to have to get one.

Today was such a boring day. I literally had to sit in bed all day while watching tv, doing homework, or reading. Ahhh. I haven't had this much of a boring Saturday in such a long time. I am just so frustrated with this injury that everything is annoying me. I hate having to feel lazy but, at the same time I want to feel better.

Lets hope I start finally feeling better SOON. As soon as I do I am feeling better, I'm planning on making a bunch of cookies for all the people who helped me. Yummy!

Hopefully this is my last upsetting post for a while. :(

Lots of love to all of you,

Haley Rae


  1. What a good idea ........ STAYING OFF YOU LEG! Silly girl, that is the only way it will get better! I am glad to see that you are listening to your Mom, who loves you very much.

    Don't listen to those mean people at school, they don't know what they are talking about. I do and I think you are amazing, wonderful, delightful and just the best person I know.

    Love you,

  2. Where oh where are you Haley? I miss you allot and I love you allot.

    Love You,